Sunday, August 15, 2010

Inter-generationality: Enjoying the beauty...

- - - - - - - - -

A couple of days ago my wife and I stopped by my mother's place for a visit. She was babysitting my niece, whom we hadn't seen in several weeks and with whom we were hoping to spend some time. We pulled into the yard and immediately noticed a shaking apple tree with apples being projected outwards. And there was my cute little five-year-old niece running around with a bag gathering all the apples. To my surprise, my sister climbed out of the tree. I guess all the good apples were difficult to get at so she had decided to climb up to them. When they had procured all the apples they could for the moment, my niece ran inside the house with the apples. Once inside she proceeded to show the apples to my mother (her grandmother). It seems they were preparing to make apple sauce and apple pie. I sat down and watched my mother and my little niece interact and I thought to myself, "yes, this is what we were created for". There truly is something beautiful about inter-generational relationships. I sat and smiled, enjoying the moment.

- - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment