Sunday, January 24, 2021

Dec/January lazy but good Times

We're still in lockdown. I think it's been 2 months since we've been allowed to see any 'safe six'...or maybe 4 months? SInce October? Anyway, overall we're fine because yay we still have school for the kids. And Tyler and I spend a LOT of evenings together, and we just read or chat or watch something. It's quite nice. But man. I MISS MY FrIENDS!!!! I did get the vaccine exactly two weeks ago (Pfizer), and had a really sore arm but otherwise was fine. They had extra doses at a long term care facility so PAH sent out the call for other staff to go - so I did! Unfortunately I still have to abide by the rules...but ya. We haven't gone to church (besides for communion) in a long while, too. Bonnie Henry is to make an announcement on February 5th about whether to extend our lockdown or what and I tell ya - if she doesn't let me see anyone, I might just consider breaking the law! So hard! Anyway. This is what's been going on otherwise:
20210115_190340
Nothing like a Friday night, poking Isaac's finger.  I signed the kiddos up to participate in the Spring study at UBC (to look for antibodies in their blood for Covid...this will help to facilitate with daycare/preschool/school decisions).
IMG-2284
Yay! Got the blood!
63125138669--3BB2721D-5971-49B7-80A7-8E72B561F4C1
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! Oeleboelen.
IMG-2203
Circa 2016
IMG-2204
2020
IMG-2205
Isaac is often found in the office, playing Axis and Allies.
IMG-2214
Skype night with the six of us!! How...fun :) CANNOT WAIT TO GO OUT WITH THESE LADIES AGAIN!!
IMG-2226
Lucy got a lot of painting stuff for Christmas from Nana Sue.
IMG-2238
Saint in the making.  Golly she's adorable.
IMG-2247
Walking around the block while James is in preschool.
IMG-2249
Bringing mail to the mailbox, and cookies to a neighbour.  Coming home from preschool drop-off the day prior, I saw two ambulances (one being advanced life support) and a firetruck there.  So obviously stuff was going down.  I knocked on the door and met the lady there - an older south asian lady who was a bit shy and curious why I had cookies for her.  I explained I saw the first responders the day prior.  She told me her father-in-law has heart issues and is now in the hospital.  Sounded like he would either leave soon, or die soon...I didn't really want to inquire further :). 
IMG-2259
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC!! He's nine.  Wild. (PS - Yes, Errol is part of our bubble and allowed to come over!).
IMG-2263
My old tea cozy from my childhood!
IMG-2277
Beautiful girl.  Also, Heather made the scarf - so pretty, eh?!
IMG-2288
Opi gave each kid 20$ for Christmas, so we went out last weekend and got the toys. Isaac thrilled to have more soldiers/fighters in the house.
IMG-2290
Lucy picked this little guy from the shelf. His name = Jack.  His birthday = July 1st.  Just like Opi!
IMG-2296
We went to Vancouver to walk around.  It was chilly but lovely.
IMG-2321
Good-bye, Deck. Currently discussing hiring people or Tyler and Dan doing it. Main concern with Tyler doing it is the time required.  I'd like it done by Spring Break.

 

1 comment:

  1. The blog is up again! Go glad to walk along side your family, at least from a far.

    ReplyDelete