Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Laughter & Friendship...

Yesterday a friend of mine came into my place of business (as she is wont to do from time to time). I was having a slightly off day: nothing really wrong, maybe a little tired, who knows? Anyway, we had a brief but laughter filled conversation. After she left, my day went a little smoother. Even later that evening as I was retelling the events of our meeting & conversation to my wife, I found myself overcome with laughter in just remembering it. Friendship (or just relationships in general?) are funny things (pardon the pun). Simple little conversations or interactions can have a profound, and often unknown, effect. My day was brightened by my friend. I think we all have days where we could use some brightening. I hope to be that friend who unknowingly brightens someone's day.

Oh, how I laughed....

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good laugh. There are certain people in my life who make me laugh and I need to see them more often! The kind of laughs that my kids generate aren`t the same full out body laughs (does that make sense) that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean. I did, however, have to read your comment a second time as the first time I thought it said, "...the same full out of body laughs". I thought you were talking about some sort of comedic out-of-body experience?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this post leaves me wondering, who is this friend of whom you speak Mr. Curll?

    I want it to be me one day, because I really like visiting your place of work :)

    ReplyDelete