Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall: The trees are alive with the sound of music?

A change has been steadily coming over me during the past few years. I notice things that I would have otherwise not have noticed in the past. This year I've begun to notice fall.

This past week, my walks have been incredibly vivid. Well, maybe not the walks themselves (still just two feet and a heartbeat) but the scenery is something else. Daily I have found myself in awe of my arboreal neighbours. Almost every street I look down seems to resound back with all the effect of an orchestral symphony for the eyes. All the different participants play their role - the deep purple basses and red tenors harmonize with the orange altos and the bright yellow sopranos. I've even begun to name some of the trees. They are generally not very original names, but they do seem to fit ('deep purple' is just a bit down the road, 'tequila sunrise' is right across the street from our place, 'Mr. Crantastic'... - well, you get the idea).

Already their colours are fading as the leaves fall to the ground. I suppose I will miss them when they are soon gone; but there will be other colours and shades to occupy my vision and my mind as I stroll through the ocularly alluring streets of life. Until then, I shall listen with both eyes to the manifold depth and variety that is before me. Sing on my friends, sing on...

No comments:

Post a Comment