Monday, March 7, 2011

Lent Approaches...

- - - - - - - - - -

I must say that I'm very excited about Lent.  Partly this is due to the fact that Lent is a preparation for the celebration of the Resurrection at Easter, but it is also partly due to the practices of Lent themselves.  Lent is indeed a time of preparation and as such we clean house and get things back on track, so to speak.  I constantly find myself yearning for a more ordered life; I desire discipline.  These are exactly what I find in my Lenten preparations.  I pray more - I eat less.  I focus my thoughts inward and examine myself.  I ask the questions that have been put off for far too long.  I take a serious look at what is wrong that in forty days I might celebrate all that is right.  I face death that I might welcome Life.

Just as I require my weekly cup of grace as I kneel and receive the Eucharist that I might live life to the best, so to do I require my yearly Lenten season as I kneel in prayer and discipline my body and mind that I might live rightly as a part of the Church, the Easter people... people of the Resurrection.

The time of preparation is almost upon us.

Kyrie, eleison

- - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment