Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reconnecting with an old love...

- - - - - - - - - -

I was at the local recreation centre this evening.  It was the usual thing: lift some weights, hit the steam room / pool.  I've been trying to get more comfortable in the water and increase my water-treading time (previously at 2 minutes). 

I remember my mother telling me that back when I was but a wee lad taking swimming lessons people used to comment on how I looked like I was asleep when I was practicing the backfloat.  It's true, I was never a strong swimmer, but oh could I float.

Tonight I gave up on swimming and treading water.  Those activities are for suckers.  I reclined, stretched my hands back behind my head, and let the water carry me.  Yeah, I still got it.

There's nothing quite so peaceful as the gently undulating water as you're free floating on it.  I actually closed my eyes for a bit.  The only way it could have gotten better would be if the ceiling had parted so that I could watch the night sky (probably asking a little too much).  Truly a relaxing time.

Yes, it's good to be alive.

- - - - - - - - - -

1 comment:

  1. I am ridiculous at the back float. It is not a fun experience for me. Glad you had some great relaxation time!

    ReplyDelete