Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Eucharist: Taste and see that the Lord is good...

I watch them as the come forward, the poor and destitute, the blind and lame; they stumble up looking for sustenance, for the food that will carry them through the journey. I see the princes and rulers, kings and queens, the rich, radiant with health and glory, striding confidently to share in their prize. I see saints kneeling with eyes aimed to the heavens. I see sinners prostrate in humble desperation. I see them all come to the place of healing, the place of wholeness, the place of joy, and the place of love everlasting. I see humanity as it is, and as it soon will be – as it was always meant to be. In the midst of all this, for a transient moment, too brief to grasp before it is gone, the veil is lifted and I witness the centre of my life: it is He from whom I find my very being.

Taste and see that the Lord is good… indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment