Sunday, December 12, 2010

Songs of Christmas: #16 & 15

- - - - - - - - - -


#16 Sir Paul McCartney, "Wonderful Christmas Time" (1979)


Probably the only knight to appear on this list.  A simple message: it's Christmas time... let's have a good time.  I can appreciate that kind of message.  A very Wings-style Christmas song.  Lots of fun this one.









#15 Mariah Carey, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" (1994)

You have to give some credit where credit is due... This song has staying power.  Every Christmas since it was released it has received plenty of radio play.  And for good reason: it's catchy, full of energy, good lyrics and a great time to dance to (especially around the kitchen if you're me).  I bought the album back in '94 because of this song and I still enjoy it just as much now as I did then.  When Mariah is good, she's good - she's good in this song.





- - - - - - - - - -

2 comments:

  1. Whoa,whoa,whoa! Check out the new background. Way to be fun:) I'm liking your song choices so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When asked last week, what my favorite Christmas song was, I quickly responded "All I Want for Christmas is You" for the very same reason - the staying power, how I love it every year. And it wasn't really the crowd to say "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" to.

    After I said it, the person replied: "I would have peggged you for more for Lennon's 'War is Over'" and I felt quite silly for picking Mariah over the Beatles.

    Nevertheless, it's a great song - and I'm so glad you posted it. Makes me feel justified.

    ReplyDelete